Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Mature Fashion: Changing Roles(seasonal)

Windy March day working on patio
Hello Fashionistas and Stylinistas;


Well, it is the time of year for a major change in my roles; I go back to my part time seasonal job at the patio store, hopefully selling lots of outdoor furniture and accessories.  I believe that El Nino is over for this season.

As mentioned in my post of  March 2nd, the base wardrobe I traditionally wear at home will serve this role also.  The handling, moving, light housekeeping, etc. is very little different than what I do at my own home, and I will wear pretty much the same clothing and accessories.  I do take additional shoes to work and certain accessories to transition from certain tasks, much in the same way I do at home if I have an errand to run, and I usually would change the shoe or accessory such as scarf, gloves, or coat.

I do look forward to returning to work; the one thing I miss is the people interaction.  I love working with my customers, completing the sales, gaining knowledge about the new products, and generally still feeling a part of the work force.  If, and, and when I am no longer working at the patio store (been there eight years as a part time employee), I will probably still want to do something else that involves a lot of people interaction.

I have completed most of the posts I had planned for this blogsite; from time to time I will have a new addition, but for the most part, what I have to say about the various roles we play and the appropriate costumes we need for our 'theatrical' wardrobes is already in the posts. This information of how best to flatter ourselves when wearing them based on design elements, our body types, and our style preferences is only fluid if we change our shape, choose or expand our styles (as well as our waistline), and the same information would be used to evolve our personal style.

I plan to continue posting to "rockmyages.blogspot.com" as a journaling exercise for myself as well as sharing of information with my readers.  I will let my readers know when I do post to this blogsite as well. I hope the information I have posted since the beginning of the blog has been helpful to you.  I know it has helped me refine my own style in many ways...........

Happy Styling........................Geneva..................Rockmyages@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment