Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Mature Fashion: Spring/Summer at "The Shop"

Transitional winter to fall-jeans, cashmere cardigan
cotton shirt, chain belts, and soft desert ankle boots
Greetings, Stylinistas and Fashionistas;

Fortunately, I already have my stylebook prepared for this Spring/Summer/Fall season at a furniture store in San Jose (CA). We have had such lovely weather here lately that I expect to be called back to work very soon. (It is supposed to rain heavily this coming weekend, however, I suspect that may be the last serious rainfall for the year.  Of course, we really need as much rain as we can get to restore our water reserves but it is also time for "Spring to spring". I have to take special note because as a salesperson who will be working many hours during the next few months, I have to have a wardrobe that will fit several different requirements.

The 'costume' much match the role; this is a patio store that sells outdoor furniture.  As a sales person, it is sometimes necessary to move metal chairs, glass tables, patio umbrellas, etc.  Much of the furniture and accessories may be displayed out of doors in rather harsh weather conditions, etc.and it is necessary to wear garments that can take that kind of possible wear and tear.

Although we are very competitive on pricing, etc., this store would be considered a 'high end' retailer who handles quality brand name merchandise such as Tropitone, Brown Jordan, etc.  This means that as sales personnel we interact daily with persons who expect not only a broad base of product knowledge, but the confidence they are dealing with professional people who understand and exhibit the norms of the business world.  It is necessary for me to dress appropriately for my role.  Considering this is my eighth season in working for them, I have many reasons to know my employers appreciate my attention to an appropriate dress code.

Fortunately for me, the wardrobe for this role is very similar to my 'at home' role(s). I have posted some of the looks I will be wearing on 'Rockmyrunwaay' where you can see several of the 'costumes' I will be wearing for Spring/Summer 2016. I do have some other combinations I have created from looking at the Spring couture shows and Pre-Fall 2016. I am also double checking that I have all the accessories, etc. I want for the emerging season.

I have mentioned a few times that I have learned so much from preparing these blogs to demonstrate to readers some basic styling tools for consistent update of our wardrobe.  One of the most valuable things I have discovered for myself is a better way to create a stylebook that is more effective than the process I have been using for several seasons. I have printed out several inspiration photos from some of the fashion shows that represent new combinations of clothing that exists in my wardrobe.  This is much less time consuming than taking pictures of all my own combinations.  I just make notes on the photos.  I have not completed all my personal stylings for fall yet, but I am well on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment