Monday, June 6, 2016

Mature Fashion: Too Many Roles

Sorry, Blurry picture




Yikes!!  I no longer have the "role" of salesperson at the furniture store and thought I might be able to enjoy a bit of extra traveling, etc. this summer and have time to catch up on several neglected tasks.  Somehow, I managed to pick up two more "roles" in the mean time, and have been inundated with a few unexpected maintenance issues!!

Our Homeowners association has a librarian who had rotator cuff surgery a few weeks ago.  Obviously, she is incapacitated for several more weeks. In the meantime, library books to be returned to shelves, new donations f books and media have been piling up. I have taken on her duties until she can return. Fortunately, the clothing that I wear for my day to day home maintenance are the same, and I do not have to plan purchase other garments, etc.

The second additional "role" is my exercise mode. I have been used to doing all my planned physical exercise routines at home and at different times during the day.  I most often wore my "bedtime uniform" which doubled for exercise at home in the morning (see April 17th post-RockMyFitness.blogspot.com).  This clothing worked very well for me when I was exercising at home. Now that I am working out at the clubhouse, I do have to be a bit more "covered up" because of the mixed company and the frequent necessity to immediately perform an errand for the library (they are in the same building).

I have taken on another activity; jewelry making!  I absolutely LOVE the idea of creating my own pieces to accessorize new combinations and ensembles.  This activity is also appropriate for the clothing I wore for my role at the furniture store, so I find I really have very few changes to accommodate.

My picture in the upper left hand corner is a bit blurry at the hemline of pants, etc.  The picture does not show the cute buttoned vents at the hem.  I took the opportunity to use this costume as an example of freshening a look by just adding one trendy item.  In this case, the chunky heeled sandals (BTW, they are extremely comfortable). I styled the same top with black pants two seasons ago using a boho look and the same pants with a Chinese inspired top and men's look buckled shoes.  The lay-downs for both looks (taken from my stylebook)  I am proud to say that every item you see in the lay-downs have paid for themselves at least twice over, and I plan on incorporating each of them in at least one more year's stylings.

I have already worn the clunky sandals three times, and the season is just beginning.  I bought them several months ago at Payless Shoe Source.  I usually cannot wear their shoes successfully, however, these did feel good on my feet and I new they were "on trend" for S/S 2016, and ON SALE; two of my favorite words when looking for items that are not expected to be worn that much.  I paid about $15.00 for them, which comes to $5.00 per wearing so far.  I do think I will wear them at least ten more times over the summer bringing them to my projected price point of $1.00 per wearing.  All of the other items have met this criterion except  the blue Makowski purse.  It has about twenty five more wearings before it earns its value, ($200.00) but I expect to have that no later than next year. Obviously, I have had it a few years already.  

All of these new activities have prevented me from getting the closet collections all posted to RockMyRunwaay.blogspot.com.  I do expect to have a new post here soon with the crafting projects I am making for F/W 2016!  You have already seen the Crafty Collars. (I have already created two of them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment