Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Mature Fashion: Styling for the Role

"Beyond the Boudoir"..perfect for today's at home/errands
I have posted a lot of information on the importance of planning "costumes" for the "roles" each woman plays on the stage of the play called "My Life". Each "costume" is the outside appearance of our actress in her chosen role. The costume tells her audience who she is and immediately conveys the role she chooses to play. This will happen whether she chooses to do so or NOT. I have mentioned many times that this immediate identify is established at a subliminal level and will always create an effect; hopefully, the one the wearer chooses to project.

I have mentioned that the division of my roles has changed significantly this summer.  I need mostly clothing that is practical for all types of household and landscaping chores, suitable for everyday errands like
banking, grocery shopping, dentist, informal meetings, etc.

I also want to be comfortable and fashionable in all these environments without looking "over the top". That is the message I want to send.  This selection from my "Beyond The Boudoir" collection is exactly on target for me today.  I have vacuuming, laundry, re-arranging a closet, writing the post, and paying bills at home.  I do have a trip to both the bank and grocery store also.  I also need to drop some items at the thrift store for re-cycle.  

Although the picture was taken with heels (which I will wear when I do my errands), I will be wearing my whimsical cat house flats. (I always wear flats in the house, never slippers.  

Today is the first time I actually wore this ensemble.  I have to say, it felt wonderful!  It was every bit as comfortable as the flannel pajamas and thermal top when I was at bed rest.  The belt is stretch, but it made me feel very "pulled together", while giving me the same degree of comfort .
I have a feeling that this seasonal "fad" may remain in my style arsenal (yes, it will be updated to keep the look current-or replaced if I find something better!!) 

You have probably noticed that you do not see me in much jewelry in my pictures; I am usually in my "at home" costumes.  I usually only am wearing my earrings while I do household chores. I keep other jewelry off because it usually interferes with my chores. I do put it on, change my shoes, and grab an already prepared purse when I leave the house.(I frequently change my purse every morning to accessorize; it also helps me maintain an orderly purse!)

I have designed a few more at home outfits that I will show from time to time if I find other practical "boudoir" garments for day wear. 


No comments:

Post a Comment